Custom Cabinets: The Sierra Valley Difference
- No melamine or particleboard! We use solid wood faceframes, doors, and drawer fronts with hardwood plywood interiors.
- Face frames are securely attached to cabinet boxes using a special dado and miter lock system – no face nailed pins.
- No paper veneers! Finished ends are built with matching plywood or optional raised panel ends. The backs are also 1/2” hardwood plywood instead of the typical 1/4 or 1/8” thick backs. Now that’s solid stability!
- No wasted space! We build to the nearest 1/16 of an inch compared with box cabinets that come in 3” increments and require fillers to make up the difference.
- Our cabinets come prefinished with your choice of stain, and they’re protected with tough conversion varnish that’s more heat and water resistant than standard lacquer. This two-part finish gives you the durability of polyurethane without the typical yellowing.
- We offer a variety of lighting options, including LED lighting for inside, underneath, or above the cabinets. These lights are 50,000 hour rated, they’re low heat and easy on the electric bill.
- Ask us about our wide variety of handle and hardware options.
- We include on site visits with the electrician, plumber, and anyone else involved to help ensure a smoother install.
- You’ll see a computer generated 3D view of your cabinets before we begin building. This allows you to make any changes until you are satisfied with the design.
- Because we are a custom shop, we welcome any special requests for trim: fireplace, rnantels, stairs, hutches, desks, wood tops or any other hard to find pieces. Just ask —we’ll be happy to help. Get a quote on your project.